Friday 28 October 2011

And So It Begins

Well... I finally got around to it. I've gone and acquired myself one of these wretched things they (whomever "they" may be... plebeians, I'd call them, if my inferiority complex were to somehow transform into a sense of arrogance within the next paragraph or so) call a "blog." Not that I consider people who maintain one to be particularly abhorrent, I'm just not what you'd consider to be particularly skilled when it comes to sharing my personal feelings.

But, alas (may I never use that word again, lest I begin starting every other sentence with "lo," like any given Tolkien extract... incidentally, one of my favourite authors), I'm on a Writing course, therefore I need to get into the habit of actually writing. Plus, we all have to submit ourself to a bit of scathing criticism at some point, and the internet is likely the best place to do so.

The above is probably a far more acceptable reason than the true one... I just wrote a poem, and wish to archive it somewhere it can remain hidden from my friends while still being somewhat available to public scrutiny.

A piece for you,
Inside my heart,
Though unrenewed,
And far apart

A piece for you,
Since that day,
Although we drew,
So far away

A piece for you,
Until the end,
It will not rue,
But may never mend

A piece for you,
I'll always miss,
You wish I knew,
How to forget your kiss

Such saccharine drivel, I'm well aware. But, I guess we all have those moments when someone we think we're over finds their way back into our thoughts. My subconscious is a rather sadistic beast... Here's one I wrote that wasn't directed at a specific woman, and actually got a positive review from a member of that glorious gender.

Sleep my dear,
In my embrace,
Just keep me near,
Your tender face

Sleep my dear,
In soft repose,
Take flight from fear,
And doubts disposed

Sleep my dear,
Within my heart,
Remaining here,
When we part

Sleep my dear,
Until the dawn,
Don't shed a tear,
When I am gone

My sincerest apologies for subjecting you to that. She was probably humouring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment