Sunday 13 November 2011

True or False

While sitting in the pool room (a bit of a misnomer, considering how infrequently anyone actually plays pool in there these days) last night, casually sipping at a bottle of pear Kopparberg (the greatest alcoholic beverage known to man, and a far more "masculine" drink than my former trademark Tia Maria/Kahlua and Coke... though that is countered by how rosy it makes my cheeks), a housemate posed me a question, as he pointed to the computer screen, on which a song called "Romance is Dead" was playing (I forget the band).

"Don't you agree that that is the truest statement ever?"

My... Not so diplomatic response...

"No, romance will never die, and fuck you for saying that it has."

That and another comment I made earlier that evening prove that I should have been born a woman.

Me: (I may be paraphrasing, I'm not quite as eloquent when I speak) I don't see the appeal in watching lesbians.

Friend: There's that part of you that looks at them and wishes for a threesome.

Me: You see, that would just be awkward for me, 'cause then I'd have to get up and make two sandwiches.

Where's Dr. Cox when you need him? I have some man cards that have to be taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment